Stars Wars. Harry Potter. Why should Disney and Universal have all the theme park fun?
James Bond movies are going strong with 25 official movies over nearly 60 years. There are plenty of film plots, memorable characters and cool gadgets to make a 007 theme park a major tourist attraction.
Before I continue, I want to give a shoutout to James Bonding (theme park episode), as well as Brad Hamilton for his awesome videos of what “The Spy Who Loved Me” and “Moonraker” and “Tomorrow Never Dies” would all look like as theme park rides.
What Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, and the rest of EON Productions, need to realize is that they have enough material for an entire 007 theme park, and not just a pavilion in some other company’s park.
Here are some things I’d like to see at the park.
NAME: 007 World
LOCATION: Orlando/Central FL. Why? Besides that I live in Orlando? It is theme park heaven. It’s always a tourist destination. And most importantly, tons of land to develop.
PAVILIONS: Each ride, attraction, restaurant, etc., will be located in different pavilions throughout 007 World. Think of it in the same vein as Disney’s Epcot.
- London. Of course. This is the park entrance. You will have MI6, Big Ben, double-decker buses, and shops on Savile Row for you to get a custom made suit a la Bond.
- Latin America – Mexico City, “Isthmus City“, Rio, the Amazon, the Bolivian desert, etc.
- The Alps/Winterland – Think of all the skiing locations and snow scenes from Bond movies: On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, The Living Daylights, The World Is Not Enough, Spectre. There will be replicas of Piz Gloria and the clinic where Madeleine Swann works.
- Europe – Not much needs to be said considering all the European locations. Paris, Venice, Athens, Hamburg and many others come to mind.
- The Caribbean – The beaches of Jamaica, Bahamas, Cuba, etc.
- The Middle East – Istanbul, Tangier, Cairo. Just think about riding the Orient Express as if you are in From Russia With Love. Or experiencing the Pyramid show like in The Spy Who Loved Me.
- Asia – You Only Live Twice (Japan), The Man With The Golden Gun (Thailand), Skyfall (China) are just a few of examples where the world of Bond meets Asian culture. As well as all that India has to offer, as it did in Octopussy.
- Russia – Yes, the old Soviet Union gets its own pavilion. Be like James. Shoot in and out of Russia.
- America – The old Vegas strip, New Orleans, the Louisiana swamps, Key West and San Francisco.
HOTELS: Yes, there will be gambling at all of them.
- The Casino Royale in the European Pavilion.
- The Ice Palace (Die Another Day) in the Alps/Winterland Pavilion.
- Phang Nga Bay (The Man With The Golden Gun) in the Asian Pavilion.
- The Golden Dragon (Skyfall) in the Asian Pavilion.
- The Whyte House (Diamonds Are Forever) in the American Pavilion.
- The Ocean Club (Casino Royale) in the Caribbean Pavilion.
- Ian Fleming’s Goldeneye House in the Caribbean Pavilion.
- Perla de las Dunas (Quantum of Solace) in the Latin American Pavilion.
HALL OF BONDS in the London Pavilion: Just like Disney’s “Hall of Presidents.” Except with Ian Fleming doing the Mark Twain part, along with six robot Bond actors. There will be a museum inside with some iconic Bond memorabilia, plus rare film footage about Fleming’s work, the actors, the role of 007, the entire film franchise, etc.
RESTAURANTS: There will be food all throughout the park and at the hotels, but these will be some of the main attraction restaurants.
- Crab Key – Seafood – Caribbean Pavilion (Dr. No)
- The Orient Express – Continental – European Pavilion (From Russia With Love)
- Monsoon Palace – Indian – Asian Pavilion (Octopussy)
- Le Jules Verne at the Eiffel Tower – French – European Pavilion (A View To A Kill)
- Fillet of Soul – Cajun – American Pavilion (Live And Let Die)
- Piz Gloria – Continental – Alps/Winterland Pavilion (On Her Majesty’s Secret Service)
- The Mojaba Club – Middle Eastern – Middle Eastern Pavilion (The Spy Who Loved Me)
PARADES: You can’t have a theme park without them!
- The Junkanoo (once daily) – Caribbean Pavilion (Thunderball)
- Funeral Celebration (once daily) – American Pavilion (Live And Let Die)
- Carnival (once daily) – Latin American Pavilion (Moonraker)
- Day of the Dead (once daily, only in October) – Latin American Pavilion (Spectre)
- Christmas (once daily, only in December) – The Alps/Winterland Pavilion (On Her Majesty’s Secret Service)
SHOWS: Exhibitions throughout the day at the park.
- The 007 Stunt Spectacular in the London Pavilion.
- James Bond Musical Spectacular in the American Pavilion.
RIDES/ATTRACTIONS: Each film will have at least one.
Dr. No – Dr. No’s Mechanical Dragon (Caribbean Pavilion)
From Russia With Love – The SPECTRE Hedge Maze (European Pavilion)
Goldfinger – The Aston Martin DB5 Ride (European Pavilion)
Thunderball – Operation: Underwater Battle (Caribbean Pavilion)
You Only Live Twice – Ninja Training (Asian Pavilion)
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – The Bobsled Ride (The Alps/Winterland Pavilion)
Diamonds Are Forever – Moon Buggy Escape (American Pavilion)
Live And Let Die – The Great American Boat Race (American Pavilion)
The Man With The Golden Gun – Scaramanga’s Fun House (Asian Pavilion)
The Spy Who Loved Me – Ski Like Bond VR (The Alps/Winterland Pavilion); The Lotus Esprit Ocean Drive (European Pavilion)
Moonraker – The Moonraker Rollercoaster (Latin American Pavilion)
For Your Eyes Only – Rock Climbing with Bond VR (European Pavilion)
Octopussy – The Jungle Hunt (Asian Pavilion)
A View To A Kill – The Great Fire Engine Ride (American Pavilion)
The Living Daylights – The Cello Snow Chase (The Alps/Winterland Pavilion)
Licence To Kill – Sky Fishing Pilot (American Pavilion)
Goldeneye – Tank Ride In The Streets (Russian Pavilion)
Tomorrow Never Dies – The BMW Obstacle Course (European Pavilion)
The World Is Not Enough – The Great English Boat Chase (European Pavilion)
Die Another Day – The Hovercraft Minefield (Asian Pavilion)
Casino Royale – Parkour with Bond VR (Caribbean Pavilion)
Quantum Of Solace – Airplane Fight (Latin American Pavilion)
Skyfall – The Skyfall Haunted Mansion (European Pavilion)
Spectre – Helicopter Control (Latin American Pavilion)